[Circle] ACMD(do_move) - BUG REPPORT :)

From: Rasmus 'Con' Ronlev (raro94ab@hp4.econ.cbs.dk)
Date: 11/21/96

Hi,

In the process of adding some more directions, I am pretty convinced I
discovered what you could call a bug. At least a 'feature' as it's called
in the doc files *grin*

This is how it looks as of CircleMUD bpl11:

ACMD(do_move)
{
  /*
   * This is basically a mapping of cmd numbers to perform_move indices.
   * It cannot be done in perform_move because perform_move is called
   * by other functions which do not require the remapping.
   */
  perform_move(ch, cmd - 1, 0);
}
                   ^^^-> Bug/feature 8)

As far as I can figure it SHOULD be :

  perform_move(ch, subcmd - 1, 0);

That way the SCMD_NORTH  etc fields will be used. If using the cmd field,
the possition in the interpreter.c commandtable will be used as far as I
figured, and this kinda makes this a bugrepport, i.e. it should be
possible to shuffle those "north","south","west","east"... etc fields in
ANY order... I mean why else have the SCMD_xxx fields set to the direction
??

OK, thats it... Thought I'd mention it, as I'm not sure wether
others allready have spotted this feature of Circlemud or not :)

Regards,
Con

d.
--
     Rasmus Rønlev DOEK'94      WWW: http://www.econ.cbs.dk/people/raro94ab
     Student instructor         MUD: exiled.mud.circlemud.org 5000