[Circle] new guild... ideas/help

From: Terry Valladon (Reaper@cyber.reno.nv.us)
Date: 11/23/96

ok, I am looking to change the guild system... what I have in mind is....

You dont know what skills you are going to get till you see the master...

The only way to improve skills is to use them.... IE right now you can get
%100 bash and not even ever use it....

Also looking to add weapon skills, where the more you use that weapon the
better you
get, the better chance to hit, the more damage....

now, has anyone done this?
I know how to make it so you only get better out of use... but how do I keep
from
assigning the skills till they see there master?

also would I do the weapon skill check in pulse_violence or somewhere else?

and I have tried the improve_skill from the snippet page, its a good idea...
but I couldent get it to work.... eash time it was called the mud DIED!!!
any one else had this problem? anyone got a fix? its not a big deal... but
it would save me a bit of time in programing because when working it MIGHT
do what I want =:)

ok, please help... and thank you....

*got to find me an angel, to fly away with me. *
*got to find me an angel, who will set me free.*
*got to find me an angel, in my life...........*
"simpley red - Got to find me an angel - Greatest hits"

People often look back on there lives and feel remorse or sorrow...
I look back and think of all the people I made feel that way.......
"Unknown" <sp?>