[Circle] [Newbie] Re-Rolling Stats

From: Jason Walker (jason.walker@gconnect.com)
Date: 11/23/96

Heya people,

this is probably a fairly easy one, but please, sympathise with me, its a saturday night and i've
already installed window95 on almost five different peoples machines, and fixed about three other
machines.. i don't really want to post any code as theres far too much of it for sticking on here,
the problem im having is that i can re-roll stats fine!, but when i actually get into the MUD after
creating a new char i get different values from whats displayed during char creation. In class.c in
(i think it was) do_start, it calls roll_real_abils(ch) again, and i think thats whats changing my
values, however, when i take this out and make another char it sets all my values to 25! (this
isn't my first char.. there is already an imp char on there) :(.. im stumped, my head hurts.. and
really want to get this done tonight, if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
(this is on a linux 2.00 system.. if thats any help)

Thanks, Regards Eliolas - once Knight of Shana.

- better is vexation than laughter for by the crossness of the face the heart
- becomes better - eliolas