[Circle] Crash Problem w/ Obuild

From: Ground Zero Enterprises (zero@baker.cnw.com)
Date: 11/26/96

This is a cut and paste from my screen at the time:

A Room
You are in a room.

500H 100M 82V > rset desc
Enter the new room description.  End with a @.
 [----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----]

] Testing a new description.
] @
500H 100M 82V > l
A Room
*@*@a new descriptio Testing a new description.

The two asteriks were actually some symbol this program won't display, it
looked like a capital 'A' with two small dots horizontal to each other
above it.  As soon as I try to enter a line of text in any description again
the mud crashes.

500H 100M 82V > rset desc
Enter the new room description.  End with a @.
 [----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----*----]

] Testing a new description.
Connection closed by foreign host.

This is my gdb backtrace:

#0  0x4003c9c6 in __libc_realloc ()
#1  0x828dde8 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x764.

I am running Linux on a 486DX66 w/ 10 megs of RAM.  I am starting over
from scratch again so the mud is pretty much stock except a modified
version of the event code, modified version of the easy_color code,
asciimod patch, Obuild verion .06 with I believe the latest act.build.c
from samedi's ftp site and a small reworking of spec_procs so mobs can have
multiple procs.  Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks