RE: [Circle] [CIRCLE] Limits on classes?

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 11/28/96

On Wednesday, November 27, 1996 4:10 PM, Rasdan[SMTP:thomas@mail.CS.ORST.EDU] wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Is there a limit as to the number of classes a person can be? I am setting
>up multi code where the players keep their skills they have already earned
>once they become a new class. The only way I can think to do this is to
>set up a new class for each multi level. ie:
>
>CLASS_MAGE_CLERIC
>CLASS_MAGE_CLERIC_THIEF
>CLASS_MAGE_CLERIC_THIEF_WARRIOR
>CLASS_MAGE_CLERIC_WARRIOR_THIEF
>CLASS_MAGE_THIEF
>
>etc . . .           Since I have 6 classes will this give me too many
>classes. If so, is their an easier way to set this up? Thanks for your
>trouble.

Maybe change class to a long and create a set of bitvectors.. That way
you can just toggle those bits on for the classes they have 'on' and
do your checks in the code based off of that.. It'll mean a lot of work
but might turn out better than having 200 classes :)

--Mallory-- http://www.polarnet.com/Users/gbarnett/ -- telnet://mud.polarnet.com 4000 --