Re: [Circle] [CIRCLE] [Code] Problem W/ Exits

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 11/30/96

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, root wrote:

>  After looking up the virtual number of ship on a table it uses a call to
> real_room to get the real number of both rooms. Then this is where my
> system crashes:
>
>  EXITN(realroom1,dir1)->to_room = realroom2;
>  EXITN(realroom2,dir2)->to_room = realroom1;
>
>  If anyone could give me any pointers as to connecting two rooms or
> another way to do ships thad be great! :)

Exits are contained within a structure.  That structure needs to be
CREATEd before you can use it.

Thus, you must do:
  CREATE(world[realroom1].dir_option[dir1], struct room_direction_data, 1);
  CREATE(world[realroom2].dir_option[dir2], struct room_direction_data, 1);

Before you access any parts of the exit structure...

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com