RE: [CIRCLE][CODE] trains...

From: JEREMY IRISH (JIRISH@inetpop.is.ge.com)
Date: 12/10/96

I had a similar problem, and was able to figure it out by sprinkling a bunch of log messages
throughout the code. As it turns out, you can solve this problem without messing with the code
at all!

To solve it, in *all* the rooms that link east to a transporter, you need to create an exit east
to that transporter *at the start of the game* . For example:

Rooms XXX1 XXX2 and XXX3 go to transporter #1 - Have transporter 1 link west to XXX1, and all
the others make an exit east to transporter #1.

When the shuttle comes around its route the first time, it fixes all the rooms so the exits
close when they should. If you don't do it this way, in the first 15 seconds the game has been
loaded, train_upd will be run, the routine will attempt to make a exit that doesn't exist NULL,
and the game will crash.

The conductor will also crash if someone attempts to go east in a room where there is no exit
east, so move the conductor one room west of the "train waiting room". You can fix the code so
this won't crash, but hey, I'm pretty lazy.