Grumble... (was: "[code][builder][positions availble]")

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 12/19/96

Use a friggin' subject instead of a bunch of flags, it's far more
descriptive than "[code][builder][positions availible]".  It's
generally better accepted as, "Coder/Builder Positions Availible."
Note which one's shorter *and* more descriptive?  (as you have it,
it's quite possible for your subject to mean you have a question
about code, availible POS_ defines, builders, and/or any number of
strange combinations.  While your message makes it clear, it's
preferable to some of us, whom really get enough e-mail aside from
the CircleMUD mailing list, to be able to tell *exactly* what a
message is about instead.  That way, we can skip the message if
we aren't particularly interested).

I'm not intending to sound like I'm completely bitching.  I think
a flag or two doesn't hurt, but they shouldn't be used *instead* of
the subject line (eg., "[Code] Help with clan system..." is better
than "[Code][Help][Clans]").

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com