Re: wierdness...maybe, maybe i'm silly

From: Sammy (Samedi@cris.com)
Date: 12/24/96

On Sat, 23 Nov 1996, invincibill wrote:

- i have my mud set up to run autorun.  often when i make changes and
- recompile, if somebody is logged on my mud that darn thing crashes.  why
- is this?  is it do to the autorun script??  this just doesnt make any
- sense to me.  the operating program is already in memory...the exe file
- shouldnt affect it..should it?

It shouldn't, but it does...sometimes.  You can take care of it by
changing all references to "bin/circle" in Makefile to "bin/circle.new"
and add something like this after the while statement in autorun:

  if [-r bin/circle.new]; then
    mv bin/circle.new /bin/circle
  fi

You can also move circle to circle.old if you've got the hard drive space,
which will let you debug a core when you've compiled.

Sam