Re: playerfile

From: Sammy (Samedi@cris.com)
Date: 01/02/97

On Fri, 29 Nov 1996, invincibill wrote:

- does the playerfile get rewritten everytime the a player saves?  or
- everytime the mud shuts down?  the reason i'm asking is cuz i imped a
- change name command. it will change the name fine during the game, but
- upon login, the old name is whats needed?  the only thing i didnt do is
- free the old name.  i just str_duped a new one and set the pointer to
- that.  any ideas?

You may need to make a small change in char_to_store in db.c.  I thought
it copied player name and put it in the pfile, but it sounds like that
isn't the case in your code.  One other note, tho, is that the
player_table keeps track of all the players, so if the new name does get
saved to the pfile and they try to log back on before a reboot, they'll
have to login with the old name, tho I think they'll enter the game with
the new one.

Sam