ARRGHHHH!!

From: Robert (rward@aimnet.com)
Date: 01/04/97

I'm having problems implementing the stock Teleport spell that comes with
3.0bpl11.

Here's all the places it shows up:

class.c
  spell_level(SPELL_TELEPORT, CLASS_MAGIC_USER, 14);

constants.c
  "!TELEPORT!",

spell_parser.c
  "armor",                      /* 1 */
  "teleport",
and again in spell_parser.c
    case SPELL_WORD_OF_RECALL:  MANUAL_SPELL(spell_recall); break;
    case SPELL_RELOCATE:        MANUAL_SPELL(spell_relocate); break;
    case SPELL_TELEPORT:        MANUAL_SPELL(spell_teleport); break;
and once more
  spello(SPELL_TELEPORT, 75, 25, 3, POS_STANDING,
        TAR_CHAR_ROOM | TAR_SELF_ONLY, FALSE, MAG_MANUAL);

spells.c
ASPELL(spell_teleport)
{
  int to_room;
  extern int top_of_world;

  if (victim != NULL)
    return;

  do {
    to_room = number(0, top_of_world);
  } while (ROOM_FLAGGED(to_room, ROOM_PRIVATE | ROOM_DEATH));

  act("$n slowly fades out of existence and is gone.",
      FALSE, victim, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
  char_from_room(victim);
  char_to_room(victim, to_room);
  act("$n slowly fades into existence.", FALSE, victim, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
  look_at_room(victim, 0);
}

spells.h
/* PLAYER SPELLS -- Numbered from 1 to MAX_SPELLS */

#define SPELL_ARMOR                   1 /* Reserved Skill[] DO NOT CHANGE
*/
#define SPELL_TELEPORT                2 /* Reserved Skill[] DO NOT CHANGE
*/

and later in spells.h
#define MANUAL_SPELL(spellname) spellname(level, caster, cvict, ovict);

ASPELL(spell_create_water);
ASPELL(spell_recall);
ASPELL(spell_teleport);

when I use my imp character and try to cast this spell all it tells me is
"Okay."

What gives?

Robert Ward
Aimnet Network Operations Center