Re: win95 network

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 01/07/97

At [Sun, 07 Jan 1996 16:56:30 -0500]
Dave Benson <dave@benson.mdn.com> wrote:

>  Hi, I was wondering if anybody out there knows how I can connect several
>  computers to my mud over a Win95 network without using modems, if this is
>  possible at all. I have tcp/ip drivers loaded. Thanks.
>  	-Dave

Piece of cake.. If you have a network running between the machines running
95, then all you need to do is bind IP to the lan cards and setup an
intranet, to use the fancy word *grin*.. Basically just use one of the
private network numbers.. like 192.168.0.xxx .. Use 192.168.0.1 for the
server and 192.168.0.2, for one of the pc's , etc.. If you want name
resolution, be sure to put the host name and ip address in the HOSTS
file on each of the client PC's.

Hope this helps.. mail me for more detailed instructions if needed.

--Mallory