Re: [codeine]spec_procs

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 01/07/97

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Robert wrote:

> would one of you be so kind as to enlighten me how to make a mob kick or
> bash.
> I've changed the code in act.offensive.c so that it will base success of of
> a mobs
> level rather than skill (seeing how they don't have them), but for the life
> of me I
> cant seem to get the code in spec_procs right.

Hrm...  Okay, something like (CWIM [caution:written in mailer]):

  SPECIAL(warrior) {
    char buf[256];

    if (cmd || !FIGHTING(ch) || GET_POS(ch) < POS_STANDING)
      return;
    if (number(0, 3) || GET_MOB_WAIT(ch) > 0)
      return;

    // change "number(0, 3)" to reduce/increase probability of trying a
    // kick or a bash

    switch (random(0, 1)) {
    case 0: // bash
      do_bash(ch, "", 0, 0);