RE: [Code]

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@polarnet.com)
Date: 01/07/97

On Tuesday, January 07, 1997 8:06 PM, Brian Michael Langenfeld wrote:
>Heya all!
>
>   I've recently been trying to implement a new eq slot, <deity sigil>.
>This was not a problem; the problem was making the sigils non-removable.
>I've tried restricting do_remove when a player attempts to use it on the
>sigil.. and then I thought about it for a minute.  How can a sigil be
>considered a physical object, since it is just a brand or tattoo?
>   Now I've decided to go for making the sigil implementor
>given/removable only, but have no idea where to start this off.  I need
>to retain the <deity sigil> eq slot _look_, but I think I need 3 things:
>
>1)  Code that will not allow players to remove the sigil

      How about not giving them one in the first place.. use smoke and mirrors instead. (and a spare player var)

>2)  A command that will load the sigil directly into the player's <deity
>    sigil> equipment slot (wiz command)

     You could just put a case in list_player_to_player or whatever it's called.. to 'display' whatever
     their deity association is when a person gets looked at.  In that case you wouldn't even need
     to actually 'have' a slot for it.. (unless you want this object to get damaged in combat.. if you have damage?)

>3)  A command that will remove the sigil directly from the player's
>    <deity sigil> equipment slot (wiz command again)

Unless you want them to lose their association when they DT? (assuming you have DT's :-) )

-- http://www.polarnet.com/Users/gbarnett/ -- telnet://204.119.24.14:4000