Re: do_dig revisited

From: Desmond Daignault (tekdd@dtol.datatimes.com)
Date: 01/10/97

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Niese-Petersen wrote:

:On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Brian Michael Langenfeld wrote:
:
:> This is a pretty neat piece of code!  One problem I've been having while
:> trying to compile it, though:
:>
:> act.wizard.c: In function 'do_dig':
:> act.wizard.c:3078: structure has no member named `to_room_vnum'
:> act.wizard.c:3091: structure has no member named `to_room_vnum'
:> act.wizard.c:3099: structure has no member named `to_room_vnum'
:>
:> Is there possibly something missing? :(
:
:
:That on is so directly. Structure [go to those lines and see what kind of
:structure that are used] has no member [sounds like its missing something]
:named `to_room_vnum' [And it tells you what it is missing, so what about
:insert what its asking for ? And figure out what kind of variabl it is
:shouldn't be that hard.]
:

DOH. I forgot I had added that variable to the exit structure. The reason
for this addition (both in the redit.c, do_dig, and the struct itself) was
to save a function call later down the line when trying to figure out the
vnum of the exit. (another reason why I am considering changing the
structs into pointers to the room itself).  So, if you want to change it
back to "normal" just use a function that returns a vnum instead of the
to_room_vnum variable. or you can just mod the parsing of the rooms to
store the vnum when it loads the exits.

--

Dez.