Re: [NEWBIE][SOCIALS]

From: AxL (axl@mindwarp.plymouth.edu)
Date: 01/10/97

> > (etc...) subs.  It simply says something along the lines of "Refer to
> > the documentation of the act() function.  However it doesn't tell you
> > where to look (it's in comm.doc in the old-docs directorry (at least
> > that's where it is in circle3.0bpl11 release))
> >
> Am I the only one who ever reads all the documentation?

	Seems like it, eh?  :)  Well, just to make sure everything's
covered, here's a piece from this mailing list, circa Nov 96.  Before
ya ask, no I don't have every posting saved, just a few of the more
useful ones dating to last Oct or so.  Here ya go....

				------

act(string to send, hide if first person is invisible, first person,
	object, second person or object, targets to send to)

$n = Name of *ch
$N = Name of *vict
$m = him/her of *ch
$M = him/her of *vict
$s = his/her of *ch
$S = his/her of *vict
$e = he/she of *ch
$E = he/she of *vict
$o = first alias of *obj
$O = first alias of *vict (if object)
$a = a/an of *obj
$A = a/an of *vict (if object)
$T = looks like a string dump of the value of *vict_obj
$F = looks like the function name of the object

last two I'm guessing at what they look like in the code

George Greer
greerga@muohio.edu (and about 6 others)

				------

--