Re: [Code] [Clan Allocation]

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 01/13/97

On Mon, 13 Jan 1997, Matthew Bergman wrote:

> Is there an easier way like to have a directory in the lib like
> /etc/clan/1.clan etc?

You are speaking of dynamically added clans, yes?  It's not easier to
implement.  Although, there's plenty of examples in the source code
already on how it's done.  You don't think so?  All rooms, objects,
and mobiles are dynamically added in the initialization of the game.
Might as well read/write as binary (easier to code in that manner).
Have members written in binary in a seperate file.  Eg:

  ClanName.clan
  ClanMem.members

Also, you'll need an 'index' file, too.  Hm.  Am I missing something?
Probably.  A good example on reading/writing binary is availible also
in the stock code with the mail system, the rent system, and the
pfile.

Good luck,

--
Daniel Koepke