demon_summon spec_proc

BuckFloyd@aol.com
Date: 01/15/97

Greets, folx.. The following is a spec_proc that I threw
together from pieces parts of code for a mob to load friends
(demons) while fighting.. The mob in question is a high-level
so it makes it amusing, to say the least.

Anyways, it doesn't seem to work.. It hits (and displays) the
act() line occasionally, so it would seem that my "random"
number() statements are occasionally hitting TRUE. But,
nothing is ever summoned.

Comments and/or criticism would be highly appreciated.

SPECIAL(demon_summoner)
{

  struct char_data *mob;
  int mob_num;

  if (cmd || GET_POS(ch) != POS_FIGHTING)
    return FALSE;

  if (number(0,100) > number(0, 100))
  {
    if ((number(0, 100) < 50) && (number(0, 100) > 85))
    {
      act("I believe we need some company, don't you?",
          FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);

      switch(number(0, 3))
      {
      case 0:
        mob_num = real_mobile(14040);
        mob = read_mobile(mob_num, REAL);
        cast_spell(ch, mob, NULL, SPELL_SUMMON);
        break;
      case 1:
        mob_num = real_mobile(30091);
        mob = read_mobile(mob_num, REAL);
        cast_spell(ch, mob, NULL, SPELL_SUMMON);
        break;
      case 2:
        mob_num = real_mobile(9508);
        mob = read_mobile(mob_num, REAL);
        cast_spell(ch, mob, NULL, SPELL_SUMMON);
        break;
      case 3:
        mob_num = real_mobile(9511);
        mob = read_mobile(mob_num, REAL);
        cast_spell(ch, mob, NULL, SPELL_SUMMON);
        break;
      }
    }
  }