Re: Shelling?

From: Ron Hensley (ron@cross.dmv.com)
Date: 01/17/97

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Sammy wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Dave wrote:
>
> - Do you need to add code to shell out of circle or is it built in there
> - somewhere?
>
> You'll need to add code.  I have no idea what you would have to do.  There
> are MUCH better ways of accessing the mud account than going through the
> mud, assuming you have the password to the account.

Not to mention the EXTEME danger in this. Imagine your builder has access
to this shell command. you get in an argument with him, he opts for
revenge, but he doesnt know the password to actually telnet to your
machine and login to the mud account. Why should he, hes not a coder.

But now thers this shell command:
 > Shell
rm *

bye bye mud for good. even gest your backups unless youve copied them
offline.

I dont know, but allowing direct access to your computers shell via the
MUD is the kindof thing id fire any of my coders on the spot for adding.

just my two cents though