Re: [Code] mobprogs

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 01/17/97

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, David Klasinc wrote:

>  Since mprog_act_trigger() is called within perform_act() and the result
> of changing the code so that act_trigger would be called in act() would be
> pretty much the same as changing macro SENDOK, so why bother.. :) But I
> could be wrong.. :)

Because then 'act()' calls would go through perform_act(), too, and
it's completely worthless to go through processing the act codes then
never sending the processed string out.

>  But Now I have one more problem... the act_trigger is only check at
> mobile pulses and checking it every 10 seconds is a bit slow... I don't
> want players to just sit and wait for something to happen. I changed the
> PULSE_MOBILE to one second now, but I think that this is even worse then
> sending act's to all mobs.

So make a new PULSE_xxxx and scan through the character_list, finding
NPCs with mobprogs, and executing them...  Seems to make sense to
me.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com