Re: Extra affects

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 01/19/97

On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, ron humphries wrote:

>   I have run into the problem of running out of affect bits for spell
> affects.  I have looked into bitfields but have not found any very stable
> code and before I started on my own, I thought I would check if someone
> had successfully implemented something similar?

Working off of Erik Niese-Petersen's bitvector array idea, I
successfully implemented 128 bits into the MUD I am (and have been
for some time) coding from scratch.  Erik is currently debugging
his code and, I believe, he has the intention of providing documentation
on how to do it.  If you can wait for that, then that'll be the best
reference.  Although, if it's that urgent, I'll be happy to provide
the basics of the implementation (the Circle specific changes will be
left up to you).

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com