Re: Mprog addition to OasisOLC

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 01/27/97

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Nic Suzor wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> ok, i have a problem here then. it sems some time ago my sysadmin installed
> something called advanced_edit onto the mud. now, i wish to remove this and
> replace it with improved_edit, but i don't have the code for advanced_edit,
> so don't know what to take out. Does anyone out there either have or know
> where this code may be, or can tell me how i would go about replacing it
> with improved_edit ?

Are you sure he didn't install improved_edit and many of those
crashes are from improper patching of improved_edit, the other
patches, or just plain old bad code somewhere along the line?

Get the improved_edit patch and compare what it changes in modify.c
to what you have in modify.c... I'm assuming that they both modify
the string_add() function in some way, so.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com