Re: Percentage chance item loading

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 01/28/97

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Chris wrote:

> I'm wanting to add in something that will load objs onto
> mob/rooms/ect based on a percentage chance instead of every reboot.
> I'm guessing I need to make some changes in whatever code reads in
> the zone files. Does anyone have this in and if so, what all was
> envolved to add it in?

Well, not in a CircleMUD, I don't, but it shouldn't be too difficult.
You need to find and change the zone_data structure (db.h?) and whatever
reads in zones [probably would want to make a new command instead of
modifying the existing one, as that would require you to update all the
other zone files].  Then roll against the chances before you actually
load the mob.  Hard to be detailed in this case...

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com