Linux 2.0.18 Problem

From: Jason A. Davis (jdavis@shemp.bucks.edu)
Date: 01/29/97

I'm sure someone has asked this question before and someone has already
answered it. I'm sorry if this is a "repittion" but I've been trying to
fix this problem for 2 months now and I can't get a solution or cause.
Here's my problem:

Everything was working fine with my old 1.2.13 kernel base then I
installed the new kernel version 2.0.18. I did a ./configure in the
circle dir and went into the src directory and did a "make clean; make all".
Everything compiled fine so I booted the mud. BOOM! It immediately
crashed because it didn't like the house-crashed rountine loading in
objects. So, I edited the db.c file and took out the call for that
rounine. Then I recompiled db.c and booted the mud....it was fine....I
logged into the game and played around for a bit...everything seemed
ok...then i typed WHO and boom it crashed. I tried compiling my kernel
with different settings to see if that library was the cause. Every
attempt I made, failed miserably. So...if anyone has any clues or patches
for this, please let me know immediately. My game can't afford anymore
downtime.

                                    Thanks,
                                            Jayson