[Code] [help] Prompt

From: FraG (frag@jimi.vianet.net.au)
Date: 02/02/97

Hiyas,

Ive been investing sometime to decrese meanigless output in mud, to both
decrease lag for players, and bandwidth use.. Anyway, one thing I saw
recently in a mud called Asylum (havent had any luck talking with IMPS
yet) was that while fighting, instead of sending the prompt after each
round, and the cycling, they kept the prompt at the bottom of screen...

EG:

normal

u hit x ..
x hits u x...
HP >

u miss x
x hits u x...

.. but with theirs... it would be like

u hit x ..
x hits u x...

(then after that round)

u hit x >>
x hits u x...
u miss x
x hits u x...
HP >

Well thats sort of it :), anyway I havent tried doing this, because my
solutions involve well, they suck!.. Anyway the latest thoughts ive been
having is that, either a special "clear char" being sent, or there is a
C function that does this??, but When i went through the string.h etc
i couldnt find anything that would do this... Anyway to the point,
does anyone have any ideas to do this "efficiently" (my way is far
from it(

thanks

~FraG~
  `'

  frag@vianet.net.au  kalinski@cs.curtin.edu.au  ekalinski@cc.curtin.edu.au
  "I am here for the sole purpose of your death,
		Look into my eyes and see the revelation of you demise.."
			-- Slayer, Gemini
                    WEB: http://www.vianet.net.au/~frag