Re: [IDEA] Thus the storms did come...

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 02/02/97

On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Laura Ree wrote:

> if you wanted to have zones that were traditionally colder /hoter /
> moister / dryer...you'd prolly have to set up the world with some set
> pattern (ie: like our earth... the poles cold, equator area warm.. and so
> on...) otherwise it would be silly to have a desert located 2 rooms from a
> artic glacier

Code shouldn't replace good world building.  A basic system as I
described should be all you have to do.  If your builders are putting
the desert next to tundra, then get new builders.

> > Adds quite a bit of depth when players aren't going around wearing
> > full plate mail in the middle of a desert, eh?  Give them a challenge!
>
> challenge them to make those macros to quickly put on that armor when the
> sandworm appears *laughs*

Ah, but you've already got limited mobility from the heat.  Now moving
rapidly (eg., fighting) wearing something heavy in the heat will lessen
your mobility even more.  You can't code complete safety against clients,
so you provide a trade-off.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com