Re: RE: Backstab.

From: John Evans (evansj@texas.net)
Date: 02/04/97

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Mike Prior wrote:

> What if you have effects like weather or natural disasters that damage
> mobiles, that's a little unfair to our humble thieves if they can't backstab
> a mob because a tornado rocked it..
>
> > Mental wrote:
> > >
> > > I want to limit the amount of times you can backstab a mob.  The backstab
> > > flee, backstab flee loop is something I wish to avoid.  I have an idea on
> > > how to do this.  I think that if you backstab a mob, then it should gain
> >
> > Just modify backstab so that players can't backstab wounded mobs...
> > Simple... :)

I don't know about everyone else, but where is the logic in not allowing
thieves to backstab a wounded target? I can logically see a mob becoming
more aware of his surroundings after the first attack. THAT makes sense.

Not allowing an attack because the mob is bleeding already? That's a load
of crap that smells to high heaven. It would be EASIER to sneak up on
something that was bleeding to death and dazed. Please, for the sake of
realism in your muds, think about things like this before implementing
them. Suspension of Disbelief is hard enough to maintain as is.

John Evans

mailto:evansj@texas.net
http://www.texas.net/~evansj   [RPGs, SCA, MUDs and Search Engines]
slanted.elfwerks.com:2020      [Slanted Reality]