Re: [ADMIN] wizhandbooks

From: Iain E. Davis (feaelin@mail.sockets.net)
Date: 02/07/97

At 10:31 AM 2/7/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hey, As readers of the list you probably know I am putting up a mud. Duh,
>that's why I'm here.  Now, of course the wiz handbook is empty and I know
>I'm forgetting several topics, probably important ones to deal with before
>they come up in more unpleasant ways, know what I mean?  Anyways, could
>someone just send me a copy of there handbook or a list of topics dealt
>with within?

Actually, I'd like to see some discussion in this particular area as well as
the 'policy' type stuff.  What kinds of problems have we all had in the past,
and what 'rules' did we make to cope with them?

Typical policy stuff:
looting player corpses
kill stealing
player harassment
players exploiting bugs
deliberate attempts to crash the mud.
player killing & stealing
Multi-Playing
Multiple Characters
----
Handbook stuff
Immortals(or gods) helping players cheat, or break the
rules
Immortals/gods doing any kind of premeditated acts of
'destruction' to the mud
etc. etc.

(I'm just spinning these out while in the mailer...I'm
sure I've missed _quite a few_)

Personally, I regard just about anything that hinders
my enjoyment of the mud or the players' enjoyment of
the mud a problem that needs to be resolved one way
or another (positive or negative response as necessary).