Re: Rent

From: Walter Goodwin (jgoodwin@expert.cc.purdue.edu)
Date: 02/13/97

> Yet AnOtHeR problem-Rent is screwed up. In the config file I set free
> rent to YES, but it does not seem to work. When someone tries to rent,
> the receptionist says "Rent is free. Just type QUIT-all your equipment
> and items will be saved.", yet when anyone quits, in or out of reception,
> all thier eq and i falls to the ground. Can someone tell me what's wrong?

I'm gonna take a wild stab and guess you are running under win95. If so,
then the rent tree wasn't made properly and you have to go and put it
in.  The items are dropped when Crash_save can't save the items properly.
For instance, if there is an error in your code that doesn't close a
file when it is finished with it, then you'll run out of umm, I guess
file pointers and this same thing will happen.  Another thing is if
the person who started the mud doesn't have write permission for the
directory where the rent files are stored.  (The process would be
owned by the activator, and since he doesn't haev write access.....)