Oasis Fixes

From: M.A.Clubine (maclubin@adala.smith.cis.syr.edu)
Date: 02/18/97

Hi Everyone.  I've seen all kinds of messages going back and forth about
Oasis, so here is what I have.  These may be added to the OasisFix
homepage if you want.

I am writing to inform you of something I hve discovered using OasisOLC
with CircleMUD 3.x.  I am not volunteering to debug your olc though, I
have enough debugging to do of my own.

Anyway Oasis hates null fields.  For example if you have a room with a
blank extra description, or a blank room description, OLC will crash.

This also goes for mobs and objects.  If you have a blank long
description, or a blank short description it will crash.

I'm not talking just that one particular room or mob, I'm talking
anywhere in the that zone file.  (the .mob file for a mob, .wld file for
a room, etc.)

The fix?  Well stick a check for null fields in the OLC code.
Also, go through our files by hand and put anything inthe blank files.
(We originally put in "Blank" or "Empty" in the blank lines.)

Second fix - items not saving after the MUD is rebooted.

Fix - it's a bad file that wasn't created properly.  The biggest cause it
that zedit new doesn't make the file the right way.  Haven't fixed zedit
new yet.  Make the files by hand and dont use zedit new and you'll be fine.

Monroe - Eternal

         , A ,
 /-,/-,/~`Y;Y`~\,-\,-\         Michael A. Clubine (maclubin@syr.edu)
          `Y`                   E t e r n a l  (smith.syr.edu 4000)
           }   Dragon by:	     http://borogove.syr.edu/
          {     Dan Hunt
           }                    "The land of Eternal awaits you..."