Re: [Long] Problem...

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 02/21/97

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Josh Brittenham wrote:

> I've made changes to the who screen similar to the patch that is at the
> circle ftp site.

Do what you will, but why would see the patch then selectively copy
code from it?

> I just found this problem yesterday.  It seems that whenever there are
> more than 2 gods on, like 3, and somebody types who, the mud just
> crashes with a segmentation fault.  I can't imagine what would be
> causing the problem.  I am including my do_who function although
> i do not thing the problem lies here.  If anybody thinks they have an
> idea of what could be causing the crash, I'd really appreciate it.

Use gdb. It's your friend.

> const char *WizAbbr[LVL_IMPL - (LVL_IMMORT - 2)] = {

Why are you giving yourself 5 fields when you can get away with 4 by
doing LVL_IMPL - LVL_IMMORT and just taking out the "\null" (which
should be '\0'--see below).

>     "\\c02HeaDImP\\c00",

Hideous casing.

>     "\null"

Why would you put a newline then "ull"? I think you want \0 for null.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com