Re: [newbie]

From: Chris Rehbein (lint@jhu.edu)
Date: 02/23/97

At 11:39 AM 2/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>hi all,
>
>ok, i am just gonna review how to compile a mud, just to make sure that
>everything will compiler for me. Ok, first of all, i am using Microsoft
>Visual c++ v4.0. I go into the src directory, and type "make

        Incorrect.  Using VC++, use 'NMAKE' without any arguments (and
without         the quotes, as well) to build it.

>all"....correct? Then i type autorun, but i am not that sure which directory

        Also, incorrect.  The autorun script is a Unix shell script, meaning
that Win95 or DOS cannot run it.  Instead, you have to run 'src\circle'
from the x:\circle30bpl11 directory (where x is your drive letter).  It
will NOT run if you just type 'circle' from inside the src directory.

>to do that in...then i just connect via telnet at port 4000? Is that all? Or
>is there anything else i need to do? Hope ya can help!

        Providing that it compiles, and you read all that Jeremy Elson
provided         about running the MUD under Win95, and you made all of the
appropriate         changes, that is all you have to do.

- Cheers!
-Chris
lint@jhu.edu

"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake
of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."