Re: [CODE][NEWBIE] weaponskills

From: Daniel Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 02/24/97

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Gunther Fleerackers wrote:

> With this i have no problems, but I also want to add skills for using
> weapons : unarmed, dagger, sword, staff, mace, club, polearm, whip, axe
> and spear.

I believe I posted something on this a while ago. What you ought to
do is make individual SKILL_xxx defines (in spells.h) for each type
of weapon skill (1h shortsword, 1h longsword, flail, mace, etc.).
Then assign that to your weapons in v0 (unused in stock CircleMud).
After which you can use GET_SKILL(ch, GET_OBJ_VAL(ch, 0)) to figure
out how practiced they are in that skill.

--
Daniel Koepke
dkoepke@california.com