Re: [Code] Skillstat Command for Immorts

From: Sammy (samedi@dhc.net)
Date: 02/25/97

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, John Evans wrote:

> I found that sometimes I wanted to give a character a 10% boost (or
> penalty) to a particular skill or spell for a finished quest, or as
> punishment or for whatever reason.
[code snipped]

> That should do it for you. If you find anyway to improve upon this, please
> let me know at evansj@texas.net.

I think I slight improvement would be to throw out the part that assigns
text values of skills (good, poor, etc), and use the numerical value, so
you can see exactly what it's at, and add the 10%.

As an alternative to a new command, and new funtions, here's a quick and
dirty way of doing the same thing.  Just replace do_practice with the
following:

ACMD(do_practice)
{
  struct char_data *vict;
  void list_skills(struct char_data * ch, struct char_data * vict);

  one_argument(argument, arg);

  if (*arg) {
    if(GET_LEVEL(ch) >= LVL_IMMORT) {
      if(!(vict = get_char_vis(ch, arg))) {
	send_to_char(NOPERSON, ch);
	return;
      }
    list_skills(ch, vict);
    return;
    }
    send_to_char("You can only practice skills in your guild.\r\n", ch);
  }
  else
    list_skills(ch, NULL);
}

Now any imm can type 'practice bob' to get a list of Bob's skills and
their learned levels, as if Bob had typed practice with no arguments.

Sam