pwipes

From: Erik (madison@nevada.edu)
Date: 02/25/97

what the spares will give you. Give yourself one more, and be done with it.
Just after the name and pword saving, save a byte for SAV_VERSION, and
define this as 1. Everytime you make a pfile change, increment this by
one, and add your new save requirement. When reading the file back in,
just add a check...

version = GET_BYTE(pfile)    /* reads the SAV_VERSION */
if (version > 1)
  ch->guild = GET_LONG(pfile);
else
  ch->guild = GET_SHORT(pfile);

  Course, I use macros and handle my files a bit differently, but the
idea will work great with stock circle...
            Fafhrd