Re: Code it yourself.

From: claywar (claywar@cetlink.net)
Date: 02/27/97

> I hate to flame, but this is getting ridiculous.  This is very easy code,
> and if you bothered to look at the code and learn it a little you would
> know how to do this.  I am tired of people asking, can you code this for
> me?  The answer should be NO.  It's one thing to post a chunk full of
> code that you've spent hours working on and ask for advice.  It's also ok
> to write up a theory on how you want something to work, and ask people to
> take a look at it and give you suggestions.  That's what this list is
> for.  It is not (at least in my opinion) for people to ask other people
> to code for them.  It's your MUD, you code it.

But what then when people make stupid parse errors and start talking in
all caps complaining that their code doesn't work and demand help?  We'll
flame them just the same.  So its either help them, or get large threads
of flames over and over.  Sure it is much better to learn to code yourself
and not ask simple questions, but listwise It might be just easier to
guide people on the right track (and actually have something to do with
circle) than just flame them all the time.

.02 done
cw!