Re: [Admin][Newbie] : Have problems with patching. Help Me PLEASE ...

From: Crimson Wizard (cwizard@GIBLETS.COM)
Date: 07/09/97

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Yohay Etsion wrote:

> Greetings everyone ,
> I have 2 problems and I hope U can help me :
>
> 1) I can't patch correctly. I am constantly trying to patch things to
> my Circle3.0bpl11 , but with no luck. I use patch < patchfile.patch
> and ALWAYS get many *.eje files , and can't patch the whole thing.
> So , what do I do wrong (I use patches that should patch perfectly
> and I tried to patch MANY patches , but no luck) ? and how can I use
> the *.eje files ?

You will have to manually fix the rejected files... open up the .eje file
in one window and the .c file in the other, ! means change, - means take
out, + means add.. usuall the sections are split **** means original file
and ---- means modified file.  After the first 2 or 3 patches to stock
Circle this is almost ALWAYS required.

> 2) I can't seem to code from home. Only by useing the vi editor online
> can I properly code (otherwise when I compile , many errors accure).
> What can I do in order to code from home ?

I would do all code modifications in the unix environment, maybe you
should scrounge up an old 486 and turn it into a linux box or something.

Crimson Wizard, National Association of Gibbed Players
Clan Bong: Phear It