Re: [NEWBIE] Ability Scores

From: Allen Gould (agould@GPU.SRV.UALBERTA.CA)
Date: 07/09/97

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997 angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM wrote:

<snipping most of my original post, except for the beginning>

> (It qualifies as a newbie question since although I'm sure it's somewhere
> obvious, I can't find it. Also, it's my first question to the list, so be
> gentle.)
>
> I'm working on setting up a MUD for my little brother, as well as practice
> for my C skills, and was wondering:

>      I know you don't want to hear this but.....

<snip nifty ansi graphic>

>      (read the F*&^|*& code)  this stuff is spread far and wide throughout
>      the code, and from the sound of your question, you don't seem to
>      realize that this is still beta, and largely undocumented.  Circle is
>      mostly for people who like the powertrip/found playing boring/love to
>      code. (ok, maybe these are just me.)  the stats do effect about the
>      same stuff as in AD&D though.

Actually, I do realize that it's beta. That's why I also downloaded the
Circle 2 code for the docs and such, and they don't mention *anything*
about the attributes. I also did look at the code, but as I mentioned, I'm
new at this, and "struct" wouldn't come to mind as my first choice. Maybe
after I'm a bit more experienced I'll know more.

Meanwhile, I'd like to thank Count.Zero for a much more informative
answer.

--
Allen Gould - agould@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Asst. Editor, Delirium Magazine - http://www.talkroom.com/~delirium/