Re: [ARENA] Following my own thread

From: George (greerga@MIAVX1.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 07/10/97

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Eduo - Tempus Fugit Pseudo Admin wrote:

>#define ARENA_ZONE 83 /* (I am not sure about this number, the rooms this
>zone has are from 8300 to 8399, so I could be using the wrong number here,
>ideas?) */

If I remember, it's real number, not virtual.

>Since I am here, has anyone found the supposed use for the flags
>ARENA_START_CHAL1, ARENA_END_CHAL1 and 2?

ARENA_START_CHAL1 -> ARENA_END_CHAL1
The range of rooms the players sit while waiting for arena to begin.

ARENA_START_CHAL2 -> ARENA_END_CHAL2
Players are randomly thrown into this range as soon as battle begins

As I have them in my obsolete arena.c (from arena-code.tar.gz I think):

#define ARENA_ZONE  3       /* Real zone number */
#define PREP_START  1300   /* vnum of first prep room */
#define PREP_END    1309   /* vnum of last prep room */
#define ARENA_START 1310   /* vnum of first real arena room*/
#define ARENA_END   1399   /* vnum of last real arena room*/

-George