[code][help]portal snippet

lsdinc@ELKNET.NET
Date: 07/12/97

At 11:06 AM 7/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Jul 1997 lsdinc@ELKNET.NET wrote:
>
>Alright, included is the function point update.  This segment of code
>works properly.

I have changed the limits.c section of this code and it crashes on me right
when the portal is removed, sometimes i get the act msg and sometimes not
but i can not find any ref to why this is happening, no msgs and nothing in
the logs.

can someone please help me? i know it is this section that is doing it as it
does not crash when it is not in there. my only other option is to leave the
portals in there till next reboot. (yuck)

here is the limits.c section of the portal spell

  /* objects */
  for (j = object_list; j; j = next_thing) {
    next_thing = j->next;       /* Next in object list */

  if (GET_OBJ_VNUM(j) == 31) {
    if (GET_OBJ_TIMER(j) > 0)
      GET_OBJ_TIMER(j)--;
      if (GET_OBJ_TIMER(j) == 1) {
      if ((j->in_room != NOWHERE) &&(world[j->in_room].people)) {
        act("$p starts to fade!", FALSE, world[j->in_room].people, j, 0,
TO_ROOM);
        act("$p starts to fade!", FALSE, world[j->in_room].people, j, 0,
TO_CHAR);
    }
  }
  if (GET_OBJ_TIMER(j) == 0) {
    if ((j->in_room != NOWHERE) &&(world[j->in_room].people)) {
      act("$p vanishes in a cloud of smoke!", FALSE,
world[j->in_room].people, j, 0, TO_ROOM);
      act("$p vanishes in a cloud of smoke!", FALSE,
world[j->in_room].people, j, 0, TO_CHAR);
      extract_obj(j);
      }
    }
 }

"Taste.  You cannot buy such a rare and wonderful thing.  You can't send
away for it in a catalogue, and I'm afraid it's becoming obsolete."

                                        -Rosalind Russell-
                                           (1911-1976)