sprintf()+mudlog() Enhancement

From: George (greerga@MIAVX1.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 07/14/97

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Alex wrote:

>Further questions that can be easily answered from the FAQ will result in
>a list removal.
>
>Oh, and you see that  tag?  YOU DO NOT NEED TO ADD IT TO THE
>SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL, AS IN, LEAVE IT OFF!

I think he's somewhat stressed by those questions... :)

Also:
I've finished a patch (stock17.patch)) that uses the previously posted
log() function.  It replaces all the sprintf()+log() calls and also
enhances the output of many of the log() calls by using the formats.

Example snippet:
-    log("SYSERR: Unknown object_type in mag_objectmagic");
+    log("SYSERR: Unknown object_type %d in mag_objectmagic.",

The stock16/15.patch files are simply the bugs I reported earlier on this
list.  15 = Missing log() in read_object(), 16 = mail system not closing
open file and not checking if it really opened.

I've just completed a mudlogf() function that uses formats as the log()
function does.  Unfortunately I had to change the string argument to the
last one.  I fixed that problem with a simple #define that switches the
arguments for all the mudlog()'s.  Any enchanced lines should be mudlogf().
Patch will be released sometime today that removes all sprintf()+mudlog()
statements. (Also quite a few in there)

Page is at http://www.van.ml.org/CircleMUD/

(tired of waiting for the network nameserver guy so I made my own name) :)

-George