Re: A really cool SPEC from Archipelago

From: Christian Duvall (chris@DP.NET)
Date: 07/22/97

> I saw this once, and tho' I couldn't make it work, two changes (at
I redid it a little:
SPECIAL(animate_book)
     {
         char obj_name[MAX_INPUT_LENGTH];
         struct obj_data *obj=0, *book=0;
         struct char_data *mob=0;

         if (!CMD_IS("get"))
             return(0);

         argument = one_argument(argument, obj_name);

         book = (struct obj_data *)me;
         if (!strcmp(obj_name,"book") && !strcmp(obj_name,"all"))
             return(FALSE);

         if (!(obj = get_obj_in_list_vis(ch, "book",
     world[ch->in_room].contents)))
             return(FALSE);
         if (obj != book)
             return(FALSE);

         extract_obj(book);
         mob = read_mobile(real_mobile(1211), REAL);
         char_to_room(mob, ch->in_room);
         act("The $p suddenly animates!",FALSE,ch,obj,0,TO_ROOM);
         act("The $p suddenly animates!",FALSE,ch,obj,0,TO_CHAR);
         hit(mob, ch, TYPE_UNDEFINED);
         return(FALSE);
     }

One little thing I have found with this though. Works perfectly for a
little bit, then after a while you try it again it the mud crashes. I am
trying now to figure it out, but my core wont write today (disk space
limit) and I can't think of a reason it would do so.
Oh yeah dont forget to change the real_mobile(1211) to the mob you
already made's vnum
Christian Duvall
chris@dp.net