Re: Help please!

From: Nathan Davies (alamar@MARQUIS.NETINC.CA)
Date: 07/23/97

> > > Well, I finally figured it out!
> > > Thank you all for your help....unfortunately, I can't use telnet on
the
> > > computer with VC++4...wrong phone line. grrr, all that work for
NOTHING.
> > > oh well, c'est la vie, hien?
> > > Heather
> > >
> > Why can't you use telnet, is it just not on the computer, or some other
> > reason?
> >
> > you can load it on purty easily if it's not there, and if it is...try
> > running the mud and telnet localhost
> > or
> > telnet 127.0.0.1
> >
> Because, I don't have a phone line that I can use.

What do you need a phone line for, like what would ever be the point of
running a mud on your own machine, and HAVE to dial up somewhere with it???

As long as the tcp/ip protocol is installed, and you have a telnet app, you
can telnet to your computer, as above.

To install tcp/ip, open control panel, and under network, click add, then
protocol, then microsoft on the left, tcp/ip on the right, click OK and
it'll install and you should be fine.

This is all assuming you have win95, if not, nevermind :)

Av fun, good luck an hey...enjoy life :)

Nathan Davies,
alamar@mail.netinc.ca