Re: purify?? (was zedit) kinda [offtopic, maybe]

From: Derek L. Karnes (dkarnes@MYSTECH.COM)
Date: 07/24/97

angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM wrote:

>      Quote ------>
> I found the problem using purify, which just kept reporting that i was
> writing above the array bounds in new_table[], so i kept incrementing it
> until there were no more errors. I can understand why it should be
> top_of_zone_table+1, but why +3? (+1 and +2 still reported Array Bounds
> Write errors)
>
>      what is this "purify"?  where can we find it... sounds like a great
>      way to hunt some mem leaks.
>
>      --Angus

 Purify (http://www.pureatria.com/products/purify/) is a Solaris/HP
commercial application, big bucks but worth it if you do serious
development.

 There's a program called Insure++ (http://www.parasoft.com/insure/)
that's works on a variety of platforms, including LINUX. It catches more
errors than Purify, as far as I can tell, including compile-time errors.
The interface isn't as nice though.

--
- Derek L. Karnes
- dkarnes@mystech.com