Re: [NEWBIE] CircleMUD and problems with other programs

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 07/29/97

> causing problems is how does CircleMUD interfere with web servers, mail
> servers, and other communications programs that are running?  On a Windows
> NT 4.0 server running multiple programs would MUD crashes and general MUD
 It shouldn't... They say that NT's are smart enough to prevent one
program from crashing whole system.

> use cause problems with the other programs or cause them to crash as well?
> I have heard all about MUD crashes but I haven't actually seen one and I
> don't know what it does to the system.  Also, with 32 mb ram and a pentium
On Linux, you get a nice core file... And that's about it... :)

> pro 200 would the system be slowed down by the MUD?  I would hate for his
WindowsNT running on machine with 32 megs of ram? *shiver* Brrrr... Mud
will slow it down a bit... but since it's already like a snail it won't
show much ;>

> system to crash and cause him to lose business because of the MUD.
Hm, then don't put it on... Windblows are very unpredictable.. ;>

David!