Re: [NEW IDEA?] Binary Pfile Editing system

From: Rob Baumstark (shirak@CONNECT.AB.CA)
Date: 07/29/97

I've thought about this before too, and even started on it a little.  All
these reply's don't take into account that you can't set everything..., and
an offline editor would be able to compact the file too.  I think it would
be nice to be able to have it print a player list with name, level, any
other info you want..., or export to text file.  Modify the occasional
record.  All kinds of things it should be able to do.  Unfortunately for
you..., what I started (I gave up a while ago for more interesting/useful
things) is that my MUD is Win95 based, and my editor was going to be a
nice, interactive MFC app.  But if you want to make one, I'd be glad to
work on it with you.  Maybe something that would compile under DOS/UNIX, so
we could both use it, like Circle...  Maybe if I can get enuf time I'll do
some of the work, and at least I can tell ya what ya need to know.

     Rob Baumstark:   shirak@connect.ab.ca
                      cst0656@nait.ab.ca

   Forsaken Realms:   telnet://drewl.v-wave.com:4000