[CODE HELP] Interpreter.c/Autoequip problem

From: Stephen Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 07/30/97

        Greetings All,

        In my pursuit to put have saverooms in my MUD (for when a player
quits, they re-enter where they left off), I have come across another
problem that has been addressed here before. I get the (SYSERR: Cannot
equip char in NOWHERE) error. Now, before you guys go nuts about reading
past list posts, I did, and got all the info, however, I am still having
problems... Here is the code of my interpreter.c file that contains the
problem:

------------- interpreter.c file starts ---------
    case '1':
      reset_char(d->character);
      if (PLR_FLAGGED(d->character, PLR_INVSTART))
        GET_INVIS_LEV(d->character) = GET_LEVEL(d->character);

      /* put character to their loadroom before autoequipping them */

      /* if ((load_room = GET_LOADROOM(d->character)) != NOWHERE)
         load_room = real_room(load_room); */

         load_room = NOWHERE;

      /* If char was saved with NOWHERE, or real_room above failed... */

      if (load_room == NOWHERE) {
        if (GET_LEVEL(d->character) >= LVL_IMMORT)
          load_room = r_immort_start_room;
        else
          load_room = r_mortal_start_room;
      }

      if (PLR_FLAGGED(d->character, PLR_FROZEN))
        load_room = r_frozen_start_room;

       char_to_room(d->character, load_room);
       if ((load_result = Crash_load(d->character)))
        if (GET_LEVEL(d->character) < LVL_IMMORT &&
           !PLR_FLAGGED(d->character, PLR_FROZEN)) {
          char_from_room(d->character);
          char_to_room(d->character, load_room);
        }

 /*     char_to_room(d->character, 3);
      load_result = Crash_load(d->character);
      save_char(d->character, GET_LOADROOM(d->character));
      char_from_room(d->character);
  */  save_char(d->character, GET_LOADROOM(d->character));

---------- interpreter.c file cut ----------------

        Ok, as it is set up currently, i offset the LOADROOM code and made
everyone have a loadroom of NOWHERE to prevent that autoequip error. That
last part in my file that is in comments is the code that other circle
listings said what to do in replace of the line:
    if ((load_result = Crash_load(d->character)))
        However, this will cause a Memory fault when I reboot and someone
punches in there name. What am I doing wrong?
                                                Nitelite