Re: [newbie] Scan command

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 08/02/97

On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Tim Davis wrote:

> I've been on the CircleMUD FTP site MANY times.  The Scan command that is
> there is pretty lame. I dont like the "faw away to the south" thing.  The
> scan command i WOULD like would be something like the following:
[snip]
> Any help on finding this type of scan code?

I assume that you have a keyboard in front of you and a few fingers to
type with. I am going to make another leap of logic based off my first
assumption, and that leap is: You can type in orginal code of your own.

Hey! I have an idea... You have the scan code that you don't like, and
you know what you want to do with it. Tear the scan code that you do have
down and re-write it in the fashion that you like.

If you think that coding a MUD is nothing more than plugging in snippets
and adding in patches, then you have a BIG surprise coming.

John Evans
mailto: evansj@hi-line.net    http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj

I don't suffer from Insanity!  I enjoy every minute of it!