Re: [Technical] Time in the login screen

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/04/97

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Crimson Towers wrote:

>If anyone has a layman's note of instruction laying around feel free to
>send it to me directly, don't email back to the list, it's unnecessary
>spammage. =)

What instructions? The change is so simple it's a one-liner.

"Change (pulse % (15 *...)) in comm.c of heartbeat to another number."

  if (!(pulse % (15 * PASSES_PER_SEC)))         /* 15 seconds */
    check_idle_passwords();

Make it 30, 50, 500, 2, whatever you want.  That's it, try it, experiment!

There is no where else in the code it checks for idle passwords, period.
That function isn't even called anywhere else, there are three instances:
Prototype, the call in heartbeat(), and the function itself.

Sheesh,

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard