Re: [ Code ] Again.. Mud crashing...

From: George (greerga@DRAGON.HAM.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 08/04/97

On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, David Klasinc wrote:

>> It'd help to know what line it's crashing on (the first thing it shows you
>> when you load up gdb).
>*agree* I thought I did that... Maybe I forgot...

You told us the line number , but not which code line you posted was it. :)

>0x807eebd in check_fall () at limits.c:368
>368 if (((SECT(IN_ROOM(ch)) == SECT_FLYING)) && (!AFF_FLAGGED(ch, AFF_FLY)) &&

SECT(IN_ROOM(ch)) == SECT_FLYING will expand to:
world[ch->in_room].sector_type or
world[-1].sector_type

(The character is still around, they are in the menu and not freed til
they log out.)

>Which means... The ch was killed... corpse is beaing created... right now
>the money is being created.... then when the money is created and we
>should return back into make_corpse() and do a obj_to_obj() we just simply
>crash... *blink*

Here's a couple other step commands to try:

step -- Step program until it reaches a different source line
next -- Step program
finish -- Execute until selected stack frame returns
nexti -- Step one instruction
stepi -- Step one instruction exactly

>At least that's seems to me, like that mud is crashing upon exiting
>create_money() and then in gdb just skips everything and BANG we et a
>faulty report from crash..

Backtrace is right, the stepping missed some. :)

--
greerga@muohio.edu me@null.net | Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity
http://www.muohio.edu/~greerga | is not thus handicapped. -- Elbert Hubbard